Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Well my friends I have to tell you that CPAC (Conservative Political Action Committee) 2009 was definitely off the chain and I for one was extremely pleased with. I was very impressed with Newt Gingrich and the way he ripped on Obama’s policies and backed it up with the truth supported by actual facts. However I don’t think that he was the star of CPAC this time, I think the star this year is conservative radio talk sow host Rush Limbaugh.

That’s right I said Rush Limbaugh and here is why. Not since Ronald Reagan have I seen a conservative public figure speak as passionately or eloquently about the philosophy and values that a true conservative holds true to. Whether you like the man or not, you cannot deny that he really believes in his idea of the conservative American and what it means to believe in the core values of a true conservative.

Unfortunately he pointed out one flaw within the conservative movement and the Republican Party. That flaw is the willingness to toss the Reagan era into the waste basket as gone in order to attempt to appeal to the American people as forward thinkers and change brokers within the movement.

The conservative movement does not need to change its philosophy it needs to change its leadership and find a candidate that will best represent them as the party of compassion that they actually are. It is not evil to reward success, nor is it fair to punish success either.

Let us be honest here. Ronald Reagan inherited a recession worse than the one we have now from Jimmy Carter. The funny thing about that is that of all the financial catastrophes that Obama likes to point to in our history this is the one that he doesn’t ever mention why because a Republican President was the one who saved the economy.

Reagan did this by applying if you will pardon the term liberal tax breaks and incentives to all tax payers as well as business. He also shrunk the size of government and promoted the private sector/capitalism where ever possible. The result of these efforts was the largest peacetime economic growth in modern American history.

The best part of this was that it wasn’t accomplished by outrageous government spending at the expense of the tax payer creating debt that the next three generations would be responsible for. We didn’t have to go into debt to foreign countries either. We also didn’t have to print more and more money than we had and devalue the dollar. What Reagan did was to empower the people to be productive and as a competitive people we answered the call, accepted the challenge, and kicked some serious economic butt.

What that tells me is that Rush got it right at CPAC on Friday. It also tells me that Obama is horribly wrong. I personally hope that if Obama’s plan would truly help the people and the economy that it would succeed, but knowing that it is destined for abject failure I will have to side with Rush and hope that it fails miserably and fast, so that we can set about the business of doing the job right.

That is all I have for this bright and cheerful Monday and I hope you all enjoy this post. I am also adding a couple of videos for you all to watch so enjoy them to. One is the Rush Limbaugh at CPAC there are 10 parts all together, and the other is a Glenn Beck video that you might find interesting, especially since we are bailing out AIG…..again. I will be back again very soon so have a marvelous Monday, CIAO4NOW!!!!!




5 comments:

I would have to agree that Limbaugh does espouse conservative values and does so very well. I would also vote for him in a senatorial or congressional fashion as I reside in Florida. I do not think he is ready for a presidential run right now, although I do like Jeb Bush as a choice. I have also seen the Glenn Beck piece that you have featured in this blog, and it confounds me that anyone would be blind to the truth that it represents.

March 2, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

Rush is the man and that is why they are trying to silence him and other talk radio personalities like Hannity and Savage. The left really fears the truth of what they represent getting out to the american people, because they would be in big trouble. Rush would get my vote but we would have to worry about keeping him alive because I am sure there is at least one liberal loon out there that does own a gun and would shoot him.

March 2, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

I saw Limbaugh's speech myself and was definitely impressed. I agree with you Tim, that it was definitely the best speech of CPAC!

I too was so astounded by the man's passion for the conservative movement. I agreed with all the points he brought up. My main thought was...it's about time!!!

Why haven't we been hearing this from Republicans before? We've been only hearing Republicans sing "moderate" tunes recently. Well Rush sure brought things back to the basics of the party.

You go man!!!!!!! I'd vote for him too! His speech was a breath of fresh air. I'm sure glad that FOX and CNN aired it to the nation!

March 2, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

Great post as always! Rush is a true conservative. These days they are few and far between. I like a man that isn't afraid to tell it like it is. There are few of those types of men in politics today.

March 2, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

Hey! As you know, I was there in the room when Rush spoke. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I won't elaborate, since I posted a big long segment about it, but I appreciate you and others that are echoing support for Rush. I can't get why so many love to diss him; I guess it goes with the territory, but that doesn't mean it isn't unjust! As for voting for him in a political sense...we won't ever have a chance. I heard him say years ago on his show that he would never take the pay cut. :) I'm sure, with his new contract, he hasn't changed his mind.

Cheers!

March 3, 2009 at 7:50 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home