Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Troubling Remarks......

There are a couple of different topics I want to discuss with you today. They are both on different subjects but are directly related to a particular party specifically. One topic is on racism and the other is on national security/foreign policy.I will discuss them in this order to.

The first thing I want to talk about today is the subject of racism. Racism is a very ugly thing and it can be associated with and attributed to many different motivations and actions. In the case I am going to cite it is attributed to ignorance and associated with the hate of a group of peoples own color, in other words they hate their own color. This form of self hate I believe is racism in reverse against their own kind.

This story starts with a twelve year old middle school student in New Smyrna Beach Florida and her name is Ashleigh Jones. The reason she is being called a racist by her classmates is because she wore a pro Sarah Palin t-shirt to school. she received the t-shirt as a gift for her volunteer work at her local Republican office by her co workers. The argument by her peers is that she is a Caucasian in support Caucasian candidates in this years Presidential election she must be racist. I find this reasoning to be disturbing for a number of reasons.


First, and most importantly I don't think that being a Caucasian supporter of a Caucasian candidate makes you a racist, because if that is true then Colin Powell is a black racist for supporting a black candidate in Barack Obama. Sounds about right to me, what do you think?


Second, I don't know how anyone could blindly level such a charge against this young lady when she has never evidenced any racial bias towards any ethnic group. This is according to people who have known her in the community.

The third reason this is disturbing to me is that the majority of the student body at New Smyrna Beach Middle School is Caucasian, not to mention the fact that this is also true of most of the population of this beach side town. I know this because I have spent quite some time in the past surfing that beach and I know quite a few people there. This appears to me to be the reverse racism against their ethnicity that I mentioned. this argument seems to prevalent within the Democratic Party on all levels. Who would have thought that the party who says they are for the people could be so hateful. they believe that if you vote against Obama its because of race and not because you believe him to be the wrong man for the job. One of my favorite restaurants is there to so I'm going to give a shout out and a shameless plug for J.D.'s Fish Camp they have the best grilled swordfish I have ever eaten.

My other topic for today is about something Joe Biden the Democrat Vice Presidential Nominee said on Sunday, which I didn't cover in my Monday post "Weekend Update". Biden was speaking to a group of donors on Sunday and made the comment that in the first six months of an Obama Presidency there would be an international crisis that would test Obama. he went on to say that they would all have to stand behind Obama because it might not look like he made the right response when dealing with the crisis.

This bothers me if for no other reason that I think Joe Biden is right. I think that Obama will be tested because he is an unknown and no one knows how he would react. Every Jihadist, Al Qaeda, Hamas, and Hezbollah website I can find supports Barack Obama for President. Can that be because they perceive him to be week? I don't think it is because they think he will do what is right for our country.

This is also a concern to me because of some of Obama's past associations with people like al-Monsour and Khalidi. One is a self professed radical Muslim and the other has ties to Hamas and used to raise funds for them right here in the good ole US of A. Let us not forget his good friend Calypso Louie Louis Farrakhan the leader of the Nation of Islam. it makes the possibility of international crisis or attack against us all the more likely with the people who apparently support Obama.

Any way that is all I have to say for today. It's just a little food for thought, with maybe a pearl of wisdom or two thrown in for good measure. Y'all have a good day and I will see you again tomorrow CIAO4NOW!!!!!


P.S.By the way I'm still waiting for some suggestions from you guys, on what I should write about on Friday.

1 comments:

You know, if this was happening to an African American child in school, the press would be all over it.....it's sad that our country now calls kids racist if they have an opinion. What's next, do we need to have a Civil Rights movement for whites??????

October 22, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home