Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


We are just four days away from what I believe is the most important Presidential Election of my lifetime. The two opposing campaigns are doing just what you would expect them to do, which is attacking each other. They are both trying to discredit each other in the hopes that they can either scare you into voting for them or make the other look like such a liar that you won't trust them. Like I said for the campaigns they are maintaining the status quo that I expect with the same modus operandi that every campaign uses this close to election day.

We all know that each party's base is going to vote for that party's candidate. The real important voters in this election are people like me, the NPA's, (No Party Affiliation) independent voters, and maybe some Reagan Democrats and moderate conservatives.

I am not sure how the female vote is going to go, but this is due to the fact that those voters in that demographic have not reacted to Sarah Palin as it was intended they do. Add that to the fact that men are from Mars and women are from.....well I don't know for sure where they are from so I never try to understand them anyway. I just say yes ma'am or yes dear and go on about my business, and hope that at the end of the day I haven't screwed up and that they might agree with me on issues I consider important. Luckily for me my significant other and I are usually in sync, which generally bodes well for me.

All I really have left to say unless something that I think is really important happens and needs me to blog about it is that I firmly believe that you should get out and vote. I don't care if you are a Republican or Democrat or whatever. Now is the time for you to decide what you believe in, where you stand, and make your voice heard.

I firmly believe that the right to vote is the most important right we as Americans have. This is how we choose those who speak for us and defend us against the bad guys in this world who would do us and our friends great harm. The vote is also how we right the wrongs that are done to us or who will do us wrong by those who represent us in all levels of our government. From the towns we live in all the way to the most powerful position in the world at 1600 West Pennsylvania Ave, they all have to answer to us before they get to have their power. At least on election day the people have the power and we should not be hesitant to use it.

I am going to get down off of my soapbox now and go about my business just like all of you. whatever else you do after you read this, take a moment and think very carefully about what I have said here today. I know this blog hasn't been earth shattering or controversial today but it has all been my true feelings as well as just plain true. For me all of this is just simple logic for a simple man trying to keep politics simple. I hope I am sometimes successful in that regard. Get out and vote on November 4th, 2008 and remember that our founding fathers wanted that freedom for you.

Have a wonderful weekend and I will see you all on Monday CIAO4NOW!!!!!

2 comments:

I already voted...and I agree. Vote. If you don't, then I don't wanna hear your bitchin later on. You don't have the right to criticize politicians in office if you don't vote.

October 31, 2008 at 2:28 PM  

I already voted to by absentee ballot. I have to agree that this election is very important to the entire nation. I hope everyone gets out there and votes.........McCain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 31, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home