Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Soooo…..what do you all think about Sarah Palin resigning from the Governorship of the great state of Alaska? I am sure you all have some opinion about it because every talking head, moron, and know-it-all in politics and the media seems to have at least one opinion about it. Hell I guarantee you I have at least one opinion and I will for sure air them out here today.

I find it amazing that ever since Sarah announced her decision to resign last Friday that there has been a concerted effort by not only the press, but both sides of the political spectrum to put their own spin on her resignation. As usual both the left and their biased media allies have sought to further denigrate this fine lady, but what is astounding is that members within her own party are attacking her also.

I for one cannot personally blame Mrs. Palin for her decision to quit whatever it may be, because the honest truth is that no one knows for sure why but her. After the attempts at assassinating her character, assaulting her son Trig, and going after her daughter Bristol like a pack of rabid dogs any normal person would not be surprised. Of course Letterman proved they are all animals with his transparent attempt at going after Willow recently as well.

However I personally don’t think that these are the reasons for Sarah Palin’s supposedly sudden resignation. After her sudden and meteoric rise to stardom in the Republican Party in the last presidential election, I think she realizes that she needs to move onward and upward to remain a viable entity in the political arena. To do this she needs to maintain her exposure in the national media and politics of her party.

I feel that she may be eyeing a run for the senate seat coming up in the mid-term elections in her home state of Alaska. I also think that as a superstar with the Republican Party base that she may also campaign for some republican candidates seeking re-election or election in both houses of congress in the mid-terms too. I don’t see a potential White House run before 2016 if at all though.

I am sure though that no matter what Sarah decides to do in the future it will be something that she wants to do, and not something someone else thinks she should do. I also hope that whatever that something is it is productive, positive, and makes her happy as well. I am equally sure that whatever that something is that it will drive the haters in both parties and the media crazy and I LOVE that.

One final thought on this subject before I go and that is that no matter whether you love this woman or hate this woman, she definitely keeps politics alive, interesting, and edgy. This results in people asking questions of our elected officials and so will keep our citizens a little more well informed.

I hope you all have a great day tomorrow and I will be back again soon, CIAO4NOW!!!!!

2 comments:

Excellent post Tim. I don't pretend to know why Sarah Palin has resigned, but I'm sure she had her reasons. Whether she is planning to run for higher office or just wants to take her kids and enjoy some time away from the "rat race," I respect her decision.

Just wish people would keep their mouths shut on what they "think" she's doing. I don't blame her attorneys for threatening lawsuits for some of the things being said and written about her right now.

July 7, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

Sarah Palin resigns as governor in preparation for 2012 election bid. That was the first headline I saw on this topic. I personally believe Sara Palin would make an intriguing candidate for president, but we shall see where that road leads. Since when has an Alaskan governor gotten this type of press time. Now I'm not trying to take anything away from Alaska or say it is not worth press time. But as far as politics go I don't think I have ever heard Alaska mentioned before. This just shows how the media will take one single topic and exploit any and all angles that they can just to sell air time or subscriptions. Going after the family of Sarah Palin, pretty sad and pathetic in my book. I think it's time for the media to cover the news and quit adding to the mudslinging of politics. When that actually happens I got some nice ocean front property for sale out in Arizona to anyone interested.

July 9, 2009 at 1:21 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home