Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Racism in Politics

I wrote a blog yesterday dealing with racism and that the only racism I saw was on the Democratic side of the Presidential race. I thought today I might write something about the two Presidential candidates going to Washington to help with the passing of a bi-partisan bill for the bailout of Fannie Mae, Freddy Mac, and AIG, and whether or not their presence there other than as Senators would really matter.

However I saw this piece of news on one of the cable news networks and I could not believe my eyes or ears, or perhaps I should not be surprised. I heard another Democrat politician who is not only apparently a racist but black as well. Democrat Florida Representative Alcee Hastings made the racial comment at a panel discussion hosted by the Jewish Democratic Council.

At the event, Alcee Hastings warned two minority groups by saying of Sarah Palin “anybody toting guns and stripping moose don’t care too much what they do with Jews and Blacks” a very racist comment. He went on to say “if Sarah Palin isn’t enough of a reason for you to get over whatever your problem is with Barack Obama, then you damn well had better pay attention”. Obviously this man is also a fear mongerer as well as a racist. Fortunately there are some within this mans party who do not condone the remarks he made today. Democrat Alabama Representative Artur Davis is one of those who denounced Hastings comments.

I don’t know about the rest of you but I would really like to know why all these racists are coming out of the wood work in the Democratic Party and why all of them seem to be black. I really am surprised that the party that claims to be for the people would tolerate individuals such as these within their ranks. Don’t forget the Democratic Party is the same party that also has West Virginia Senator Robert Byrd a former member of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan as one of their senior Senators. It seems to me that they can’t even decide on which ethnic group to hate.

That’s all I have to say on the subject today and I promise I will try to write about something else tomorrow. I hope you all have a great day, CIAO4NOW!!!!!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home