Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Hi folks I thought I would do something a little different with today’s post. I’m not going to do a piece on any political topics today; instead I’m going to make this an FYI post.

I looked at and researched the information that I am going to show you today, including the link at the bottom to the Washington Post where this information was gathered. Unfortunately the Post has since removed the info and the link. At the time of my first look the information was still there.

I will say this though and that is if the Electoral College existed as one state one vote our National Election would look a lot different. The other thing that I found interesting is the statistics in this document I am going to show you. It tells you a lot about the sort of people whose candidate won the election. Look at this yourself and decide what you think and let me know. I will be quite interested in all of your thoughts.

I will be back again tomorrow with something a little more substantive I hope. Have a wonderful day, CIAO4NOW!!!!!

United States of America

40% of population

now government dependent

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul , Minnesota , points out some interesting facts concerning the 2008 Presidential election:

- Number of States won by:

Democrats: 20 Republicans: 30
- Square miles of land won by:

Democrats: 580,000 Republicans: 2,427,000
- Population of counties won by:

Democrats: 127 million Republicans: 143 million
- Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:

Democrats: 13.2 Republicans: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate the map of the territory...

...Republican won -- mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens.

...Democrats won -- mostly encompassed those citizens living in rented or government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

Of course there are exceptions, but generally the government welfare dependent and under-informed have voted Democrat for years yet they are still government welfare dependent and under-informed.

*******************************

Notice that only in the states of Alaska and Oklahoma :

All counties were won by McCain/Palin.

1 comments:

Wow, those are some crazy numbers and I totally believe them. It's very sad what our country has come to.

I have to agree with Sean Hannity when he says "conservatism is now in exile." I believe it goes a bit further...perhaps democracy is now in exile too.........

January 14, 2009 at 11:16 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home