Blogger Template by Blogcrowds




Hello my friends and welcome to the Hump Day post for Simple Man Politics and since it is Hump Day today we are going to talk about public figures who get humped over political comments they have made or for being politicians themselves. Unfortunately this will happen to someone when they enter the court of public opinion and make a comment that is either not popular or hotly contested.

Usually the ignominious honor of getting humped publicly is reserved for politicians who in my view are substandard intellectually and ideologically and usually deserve it anyway. However on occasion other public figures have been bestowed with this honor as well. Unfortunately when one enters the public political arena of ideas with their own opinion they can usually expect a smack down particularly if their argument or idea is not very well thought out or lacks an intelligent theory.

As far as that goes well I have some bad news for all of you thinking about attempting this often ill-fated and demoralizing venture of public political discourse and that is that once you do this you are not only fair game for honest, intelligent, and motivated political journalists like myself, but you are also open to attacks from every on the fringe kook, idiot, and loon in the media or with a public forum with an ax to grind whose point of view opposes yours.

These media rapes happen everyday and they are everywhere all you have to do is turn on the cable news channels, talk radio, or the internet and it is all right there. Currently today I have seen the supposed Limbaugh/Sykes feud discussed yet again for the hundredth time, and the same with the supposed Cheney/Limbaugh/Powell feud also. Other people who have recently been savaged in the press are Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and Barack Obama. However these are political figures that are used to being in this type of shark infested territory and in my opinion have deserved it.

Of course political innocents are often sacrificed at the altars of the public humping gods on a regular basis as well as some not so innocent political activists. One of the new innocents that the kooks attempted to ravage publicly is the new Miss California Carrie Prejean. Apparently her traditional view on marriage was not very popular with some numbnuts by the name of Perez Hilton so he personally attacked her in his blog and then he and some of his rainbow butt buddies attacked her using news media outlets.

Fortunately for Miss Prejean Donald Trump who owns the Miss USA Pageant makes his own decisions and kept her in her position as Miss California. Donald Trump even went so far as to say that the views on marriage that Miss Prejean espoused were the very same views expressed by our current President. I guess if these views are good enough for our Commander in Grief then they are good enough for the Donald as well.

Another figure who continues to enter the arena of public opinion and usually deserves the media humping she eventually receives is none other than the dog faced Janine Garofalo with her DOCTORATE in DUMBASS. Her latest personal revelation is that everyone who either opposed Obama in the national election or who opposes Obamas policies are obviously all racists. Now while I will concede that at some point race did enter into the picture particularly since Obama was the first person to bring up race during his 04 election campaign it is patently absurd to say that all who oppose him are racists.

Now I will admit that I will often use this blog as well as other forums that I read and write in to attack public figures and politicians in particular and more often than not they appear to be more and more on the left politically. However I do not nor will I ever attack anyone on either the left or the right that does not step into the middle of the political arena and throw down the gauntlet.

I will also tell you that I myself have also been attacked for my views, beliefs, and truths that I have expressed here and elsewhere. When I have been right I have fought back even harder and dirtier than when the fight started and when I have been wrong I have apologized and have eaten crow. Fortunately I am seldom if ever wrong, but there is one thing I know going in and that is that I have thrown my hat into this political coliseum and had my say and they have the right to challenge me.

The best advice that I can give anyone who is considering doing this type of writing and reporting is to think about what I have said here today. But if you consider all of these things I have said and still decide to go ahead with getting into the middle of the political arena and throwing down the challenge then expect me and others like me to take up the standard and go right after you if I or we believe that you are on the wrong side.

I hope you all have a wonderful Hump Day and I will be back again tomorrow CIAO4NOW!!!!!


2 comments:

Wow I never knew that politics was such a bloodsport. From the way you talk a sane person would have to think twice before taking political blogging up.

May 14, 2009 at 5:56 AM  

Milk Bone would make a fortune in manufacturing underwear for this business lol.

May 15, 2009 at 6:29 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home