Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Here’s a HUMP DAY post for you my friends and it’s about Senator Arlen Specter (R-RINO = Republican In Name Only) who is trying to hump the Republican Party by joining the Democratic Party. However this does not come as to big of a surprise to me because he sides with the Democratic Party on most issues.

Arlen Specters move to switch parties is obviously an attempt to hold on to his Pennsylvania Senate seat because he doesn’t believe that he could win in a Republican primary election against another candidate from his own party.

He realized his seat wasn’t safe after he voted against card check and didn’t get the recognition he wanted. I guess he didn’t realize that supporting President Obama’s stimulus package and budget was that unpopular within the Republican Party.

It is also not that much of a surprise to me that the Democratic Party will welcome Arlen Specter to their ranks. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D) has been trying to recruit Specter for more than five years as have other high ranking Democrat Party members such as Vice President Joe Biden.

The Dem’s want Specter more than ever now considering they hold 58 seats in the Senate and almost have a filibuster proof majority. Arlen Specters membership into the Democratic Party would give them 59 seats with Minnesota still undecided and Joe Biden’s vote would be their 60th vote allowing the Democrats to possibly avoid a filibuster.

Considering the fact that I am not Republican or Democrat I can personally say that I really don’t care if Arlen Specter jumps parties or not. Yes it will be a big loss to the GOP, but I think that the GOP is better of without him. Let’s face it the Republicans could never count on his vote anyway because they never knew where he would fall on one side of an issue or another.

As far as Arlen Specters political career is concerned I don’t really believe that he has one past the 2010 mid-term elections even as a Democrat. Both houses of congress have piss poor approval ratings particularly on the Democrat sides of both congressional houses and those ratings continue to slide down further. Even a poll taken today showed Obama’s approval ratings at an all time low.

The last thing I have to say about Arlen Specters jump to the Democratic Party and his mid-term election for his Senate seat next year is it’s a good thing because now a true conservative Republican Pat Toomey will win the GOP primary vote and go on to defeat Specter or any Democratic nominee in the general election.


That is the way I see this situation playing out let me know what you think. Have a wonderful Wednesday my friends and I will see you all tomorrow CIAO4NOW!!!!!

2 comments:

My personal opinion on this is to say to Specter "Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya."

I am not one bit sad to see him go. After all, he keeps voting democrat anyway. We don't need his kind in the Republican party. If you aren't with us then get out!

April 30, 2009 at 12:29 AM  

I have to tell you that I don't think that Arlen Specter is such a great loss and after he returns his campaign donations he will be broke as well. A politician with no war chest will be unpopular in either political party.

April 30, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home