Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Hello all my friends and loyal readers out there, once again it’s time for some more Simple Man Politics. As you know there are a lot of serious things going on in our country right now, and almost all of them have something to do with or are directly involved in politics. However I am not going to write about anything that is currently going on or has been in the 24 hour news cycle for the last few days. Instead I’m going to write about a conversation I had with a friend of mine yesterday.

Now to say that this gentleman is a friend of mine is a gross understatement. He and I go way back, and I mean back in the day ya know. He’s a real bro of mine and one of the few and I mean very few that I will say is the same to me as a brother, maybe even more so. He is a very well educated man. He is an anesthesiologist with a very prominent hospital in south Florida. He is a family man with a great wife and two beautiful children. His political views are a little more liberal than my own also, but I value his friendship, intelligence, and opinion above 99.998% of the entire population of the known world.

With all of that said lets talk about the conversation him and I had. This conversation started like most of them do between us. Hey dude what’s up, how’s the kids, how’s the wife, how’s work, are your ready for Christmas. You know the normal stuff friends always ask each other when the pick up the phone and call, especially around the holidays. Then he got around to talking to me about my blog, and that’s when things got interesting.

We started out by talking about a recent blog that I did concerning Obama’s legitimacy to hold the office of President with regard to the question of his citizenship. As you know the SCOTUS is due to hear a couple of cases involving this subject that question his citizenship. One of these cases was before the Supreme Court on the 5th of this month or last Friday. I told him that there is some evidence and legitimate concern about his citizenship, but that I didn’t think Obama was dumb enough to run for President and not be a natural born citizen of the United States.

Now we both agreed that it is time for a change in this country. We also agreed that a lot of the problems had to do directly with the politicians including the very same ones who claim to be riding to our rescue now. We even agreed that not all of the problems we are experiencing can be laid at George W, Bush’s feet. Some of the Dem’s are just as much at fault. People like Barney Frank and Chris Dodd just to name a couple of them.

All of what we had discussed up till this point is not why I’m writing this today. What prompted this particular post was the subject of the VP candidate on the Republican ticket Sarah Palin. In his opinion he felt that Sarah Palin was not an effective VP candidate and that she came off less than as intelligent as she needed to be. He also told me that that was the opinion of some of his conservative friends in south Florida as well.

He also said that he believed that her choosing to have her Downs Syndrome child was not really a choice as she doesn’t believe in a woman’s right choose, which I had claimed was a choice. It was her choice to have the belief that abortion is the wrong answer. I also informed him that her policy on abortion was no except in cases of rape, incest, or health of the birth mother, and no to partial birth abortion. He stated that he had not heard that. However that is her policy unless she has changed it since the election.

What I want you all to do is to consider the question of Sarah Palin’s effectiveness and intelligence in the 08 national election. I’m putting up a poll on this post and I would like you all to participate please. I am really very curious about how my readers viewed her performance, and the poll will run for a whole week. Also feel free to leave a comment if you so desire. I always post any comment that is directly connected to the blog/subject and is serious.

Have an awesome day and I will be back again soon, CIAO4NOW!!!!!

1 comments:

Sounds like your friend listens to a lot of the liberal left loons out there who were afraid of Sarah Palin, because she did represent real change we can believe in, from the business as usual DC establishment that she was not a part of. I found that Governor Palin was an effective, and intelligent, breath of fresh air, and she is why I voted for the Republican ticket.

December 8, 2008 at 6:47 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home