Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

The Republican Reprieve


Well its official Republican senator Saxby Chandliss from the great state of Georgia has won his run off election against Democratic challenger Jim Martin. It has been a hard fought campaign for both of these gentlemen. Now the elections officials in Georgia can go home and take a well deserved rest before the start of the 2010 mid term elections, where another Senatorial seat will be up for grabs.

While I applaud Jim Martin for a well fought and well thought out campaign I must tell you that I am happy that Chandliss won this one. There are a couple of reasons why I am happy but the main reason is that now the Democrats do not have a filibuster proof majority in the Senate.

This is important because with out the ability for a party to filibuster the opposing party could ram home their agendas at will. This win in Georgia will provide the checks and balances necessary to keep the Democratic Party majority at least a little honest and make them work more with the minority party in the Senate. It is also good because the Republicans can put forth some of their ideas they will just have to work a little more with the Democrats on the other side of the aisle.

The only Senate race still running now is the Norm Coleman/Al Franken race in Minnesota. Republican Norm Coleman is the incumbent Senator there and Liberal windbag moron Democrat Al Franken is the challenger. I really hope that Norm Coleman wins this one and it appears he might. As of tonight’s tally Coleman leads idiot Franken by more than 300 votes with the recount scheduled to end Friday evening. Everything I can legally cross is crossed with the hope that Coleman wins. I may post a blog on this race when it is over if I feel the winner is worth the recognition. That would be one of my rare weekend blog posts.

Have a great day and I will be back again soon, CIAO4NOW!!!!!

1 comments:

Way to go Saxby Chandliss. I was really worried about the Dems getting their super majority in the senate. With any luck Coleman will defeat Franken and the nightmare in Minnesota will be over.

December 5, 2008 at 7:57 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home