Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!


Hello my friends and welcome to the Friday edition of Simple Man Politics. This will probably be my last post before we enter the new year of 2009. However I do plan to post before then if anything earth shattering should happen between now and then. But as my holiday officially starts at 3:45pm MST this afternoon I really hope this will be my last for the year. Since this is my intention today’s blog post is going to be on Christmas, but first lets get some of the current events political news out of the way.

It appears that the Bush administration has come through on the automaker bailout with a total of 17.4 billion dollars for GM and Chrysler. Ford will not be taking any money at this time, which makes them my favorite US auto maker for now. The Bush administration has said that this bailout is contingent upon all those involved coming to the table with serious concessions to make GM and Chrysler viable by March 31st, 2009. All I have to say is good luck with that, because I think they will be back begging for more before then.

There is still no decision made in the Franken and Coleman senate race in Minnesota. It seems they will still be counting challenged ballots in that thing until December 31st, 2008. Unfortunately for the first time since this mess started the WEENIE challenger Franken has pulled ahead by two votes. Of course he has a lot of help up there with a Democrat in charge of the state board of elections and liberal state Supreme Court making rulings favorable to him. Somehow I don’t think the incumbent Norm Coleman is going to get a fair shake in this deal.

Now let’s get on to the subject of Christmas in this country. First off Christmas is a holiday that came over here on the Mayflower before we were even a country, in fact we were still an English colony. The French who were here also celebrated the holiday. The reason we celebrated it then and now is to commemorate the birth of Christ. This makes Christmas a very important holiday to people of the Christian faith here and around the world.

Saint Nicholas also known as Santa Claus is actually a saint and there are many celebrations in his honor all over the world from Europe to Greece to Lebanon and the West Bank. Saint Nicholas is the patron saint of the city of Bari in Italy where he is buried. He is the patron saint of the town of Beit Jala in the West Bank where it is said he spent four years of his life during his pilgrimage to the holy land. This one individual is responsible for helping to create the spirit of Christmas around the world even to those of other faiths such as Muslims.

What I am trying to say is this and that is that Christmas is a Christian holiday. We celebrate it here because the founders of this nation were Christians. Our country was founded on the Christian belief that we are one nation under GOD. Our currency, which is spent to purchase the gifts we give each and every Christmas, says IN GOD WE TRUST. The three wise men came on Christmas day to deliver their gift’s to the SON OF GOD. God is the very foundation of this country and this holiday.

As a result I don’t think I’m going to be politically correct and say Happy Holidays. I am going to say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! I am just glad that no one complains about Easter, which is a Christian holiday, although I have yet to figure out what a rabbit and loads of chocolate have to do with it, but I digress. As far as any other holiday is concerned you can say Happy Thanksgiving, which is a Christian holiday. You can say Happy Saint Patrick’s Day, yet another Christian holiday. You can say Happy Halloween, which is a pagan holiday. You can say Happy Kwanza and Happy Hanukkah. You can basically call any other holiday by its rightful name but Christmas.

If you do not like people saying Merry Christmas, or you are not a Christian or member of a religion or faith that celebrates Christmas, or you do not wish to celebrate the Christmas season then by all means please don’t. I would not want to offend or have your delicate sensibilities offended. Besides I know it is very hard for employers to find any employees who want to work over this holiday. And since you don’t believe in or wish to celebrate Christmas, at least make yourself useful by servicing those of us who do. Know this though that if you meet me and say Happy Holiday’s I will promptly respond back with a very hearty and boisterous MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS my friends and I look forward to seeing all of you in the New Year. I also hope you enjoy the video I am including with this post a friend of mine sent it to me and I thought it appropriate for this post. Have a great weekend and a MERRY CHRISTMAS, CIAO4NOW!!!!!



2 comments:

I have to agree with you that it is very hard for any Christian to be pc about Christmas. I can't do it, and I won't. If anyone says Happy Holidays to me I am definitely going to say Merry Christmas back to them. I don't care whether they like the phrase or not, it is what it is, and that's Christmas. so have a MERRY CHRISTMAS Tim.

December 20, 2008 at 12:48 PM  

Love the post. I give you a very hearty "AMEN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas!

December 22, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home