Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

UN-AMERICAN!!!!!





The news politics today is President Obama and his town hall meeting yesterday and the political spin from both parties regarding the New Hampshire event. Normally I would be writing about that as well myself today, but I find myself a little more concerned with something that Nancy Pelosi mentioned. I am sure you are all aware that I am no fan of the house speaker, or the President, or their policies, but this is more important to me.

I am going to talk a little bit about hate and extremism today. The part of this post I am giving Pelosi credit for bringing up is only with regard to the symbol called a swastika, because Pelosi is right that the swastika is a symbol of hate. Other than that Nancy Pelosi is as usual a dumbass about her description of American citizens who oppose the Democrats healthcare reform bill.

I am a real big fan of the great melting pot of ethnic and cultural diversity in the United States, although I believe in the ideas put forth and expressed by the founding fathers in both the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I believe in the traditional, conservative, Christian values that our nation was founded on and that they should not be compromised. I also thoroughly despise extremist hatred in any way be it racial, religious, or political.

I have been a racist and a hater when I was growing up, which is something I am not proud of and over the last twenty five years or so I have done much in the way of educating myself and putting those things about myself behind me and learning tolerance and love for my fellow man. As a result of educating myself personally and learning to see every American as an equal I have a real problem with hate especially when it is in the form if sheer ignorance.

That is why I cannot tolerate people who think and believe that symbols such as the swastika are legitimate forms of representation in a democratic society. I would hope that anyone who is caught defacing someone else’s property or public property would be arrested, prosecuted, and convicted for committing a hate crime no matter what their reason is for applying this most hateful of symbols. I am not trying to censor free speech with this post, but I am trying to keep a uniquely un-American symbol out of the US.



I came across the picture in this blog while researching something else entirely different from this topic. Some ignorant, uneducated, extremist spray painted the swastika in the picture on a sign belonging to Congressman David Scott (D-GA) in Smyrna GA. While I believe he deserves to be confronted about his support for the healthcare reform bill and that he also deserves to be involved in a serious debate and discussion with is constituents I do not believe that he deserves to be a target of such hateful discrimination.

I would also say to all of you that you should in no way, shape, or form support any group or person who believes in what this symbol stands for. I am quite sure that none of my friends do support this symbol and its bearers, and that they would react quite violently against anybody who would attempt to display it in their presence. I also know that I personally would not stand idly by and allow someone to display it in my presence.

I hope you all have a wonderful day today, and I will be back again very soon my friends, CIAO4NOW!!!!!

1 comments:

Great blog Tim. I agree that it is horrible to see this kind of hate in this country! I don't think it should ever be condoned in any way.

August 12, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home