Blogger Template by Blogcrowds



Welcome back to Simple Man Politics my friends I know it has been a while since I have written anything and I am sorry. However life has a habit of getting in the way sometimes and you have to take care of business so you can do what you like to do. That has definitely been true in my case recently, but I am well on my way to a full political rant recovery, so please bear with me.

Today I am going to write a little bit about a guy I have been listening to for quite a while on the radio and who has recently gotten himself his own show on Fox News. The guy I am talking about is none other than The Stormin Mormon Glenn Beck. To say the least this guy is a human lightning rod and fireplug that seems to thrive on political controversy, and I think both political parties are scared of him, but the left most of all.

However the thing I would like to talk about today is an interview that he gave to Katie Couric recently. In this interview he discusses the 2008 Presidential Election and makes a startling public statement that I think really floored the Republican Party as well as the Democratic Party. He not only said that he would not have voted for Obama, but that he may have even supported Hillary Clinton over John McCain.

Now I will tell you that I was really surprised by this statement, but after hearing his explanation I understand why he said what he did. Yes Glenn Beck does agree with John McCain on foreign policy and national defense issues, but he seriously disagrees with McCain on some domestic policies. The most notable of these domestic policy issues are John McCain’s support of Cap and Trade, Amnesty for Illegal’s, and Campaign Finance Reform.

What Beck basically says is that we as a nation would be no better off and maybe even worse off with McCain than with Obama. He cites that with McCain supporting those domestic policies that our economy would be in just as bad a shape and that there would more than likely have been no opposition from conservative independents or Republicans. I think that Mr. Beck may be right about this.

While I am a conservative who had voted for John McCain in 2008 I am also an independent voter with no party affiliation. With hindsight being 20/20 I have to agree that John McCain would quite possibly have been a bad choice for America to make. Unfortunately I am not a great fan of Hillary Clinton either and I would have had a hard time to vote for her even though she is a hawk on defense and foreign policy as am I.

For now though it appears that Glenn Beck has the spotlight, the soapbox, and the microphone. He also has his own organization known as the 9/12 project, which is designed with getting the grass roots conservative movement motivated. While I don’t support all of Becks views I have to agree with him that we need to strictly adhere to our nation’s constitution if we are to get out of this economic mess and remain strong as well.

I for one will be keeping an eye on Glenn Beck to see if he winds up being just like all of the other media personalities out there who are floating their own agendas and telling the American people a bunch of lies. For now though it seems to appear that we are safe from this where he is concerned. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and I will be back again soon my friends, CIAO4NOW!!!!!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home