Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Why Quibble?????


Well Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer of New York said it best “why quibble over 200 million dollars?” I’ll tell you why senator, we quibble over 200 million dollars because it is the American tax payers dollars not yours, and we don’t want it wasted on programs in the stimulus package that stimulate the economy and create jobs.

Now I will tell you all that I agree that something needs to be done to jump start our economy. I would further add that I don’t think that tax cuts alone are the answer and that some strategic spending targeted at actually stimulating the economy and job creation is a must. However this stimulus package that the White House and both houses of congress are touting as the best way to save our economy has more pork in it than a Nebraska hog farm.

Here are a couple of examples of the wasteful spending in the bill. They want to put hundreds of millions of dollars into STD (sexually transmitted disease) prevention. While I agree that this is an important problem, I want to know just how that stimulates the economy. Another one is fish barriers. How do removing fish a barrier from waterways stimulate the economy and is it really worth 20 million dollars? How about 70 million dollars to support supercomputing activities for climate research? Not only does it not stimulate the economy or create jobs it promotes the lie that is global warming.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but when I look at wasteful spending programs like these I think it is more than a little important to question the validity of these pork projects in the stimulus package. These pork projects won’t cost us 200 million dollars they are going to cost us 470 million dollars and only for the three I mentioned. There is a lot more wasteful spending in the stimulus than that.

So Senator Schumer I hope this answers your question of why quibble over 200 million dollars. If you want to fund this kind of garbage then put it in an annual budget bill and try to pass it through both houses of congress and get Obama to sign it failing that pay for it all out of your own pocket. Whatever you decide to do don’t waste my money on this garbage and it is my money because I am the tax payer whose pocket you have your hand in.

Well my friends that is my rant for today, but I will be back again soon. Have a great day all of you, CIAO4NOW!!!!!

2 comments:

I enjoyed the rant. I definitely feel the need to "quibble" about a few million!!!

It's atrocious what Washington is doing with the tax payer's money. We are going to pay a high price for their insanity, greed, and lack of math skills.

February 9, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

I would quibble over 470 million dollars if it was being wasted on programs that don't stimulate the economy or employment to. I bet you even the evil billionaires who have the wealth Obama want's to redistribute would not make such bad investments with their own 470 million dollars either, and they have it to spare.

February 9, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home